With Castr pre-recorded video streaming, you can upload one or more videos and schedule the stream to go live on websites or multiple social media platforms at any time.
The pre-recorded video streaming feature is currently available in all plans for Castr users. We strongly suggest you follow our Recommended Settings for Recorded Videos to have the best streaming quality.
How to set up a new Pre-recorded stream
1. Log in to Castr Dashboard
2. From the sidebar, select Pre-Recorded Streams
3. Click New Pre-Recorded Stream
4. Assign a name to your new Pre-recorded stream > Create Pre-recorded stream
5. In Playlist section, click Add Video > Upload
From your computer: Upload the pre-recorded media from your device
Cloud Import: Import video directly from Google Drive and Dropbox
Video Hosting: Import video directly from the videos saved in Video Hosting
(Note: We only support .mp4 files for now.)
The video size and the number of media files will depend on your subscription. See our Pricing for more details on each subscription plan.
6. Once the video has been uploaded, you can choose a Scheduling Mode: Infinite loop or Scheduled with a date and time. Read more on Scheduling Modes
7. Once done, click Add Platform. Your scheduled stream will go live as per your configurations.
Remember to toggle on the add platforms so that they'll go live at the scheduled time.
9. Besides the list of 30+ publish destinations, you can also choose to "add stream within Castr" as a destination for the pre-recorded stream. You can use this feature to stream Pre-recorded Videos live to your website using Castr embeddable player.Check out this article on how to do so.